Hotel mistakenly served sodium hypochlorite-infused water! 16 guests, rushed to the hospital!
OSAKA – On the night of February 26, were taken to the hospital after water containing sodium hypochlorite was mistakenly served to guests at a hotel in Izumisano, Osaka Prefecture.
Hotel mistakenly served sodium hypochlorite-infused water! 16 guests, rushed to the hospital! (MBS)
At around 7:30 p.m., an employee of the Kansai Airport Washington Hotel in Izumisano City, Osaka Prefecture, reported to the fire department that they had accidentally served water containing sodium hypochlorite to some guests.
According to the fire department and other authorities, 16 of the 87 people who were dining at a restaurant in the hotel drank water containing sodium hypochlorite. Among them, an 11-year-old boy, a 14-year-old woman, and a 34-year-old man were rushed to the emergency room after vomiting.
All three are said to have minor injuries. Sodium hypochlorite is used for bleaching and sterilization, and police are investigating the circumstances surrounding when it was accidentally served to customers.
Information site supporting foreigners living in Japan.